Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter weekend

IEaster went by really quickly, the sleet and snow was a bit of a disappointment and stopped us going further afield on Sunday and Monday. But on Saturday, three of our families went into London to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra play a concert for families at the Royal Albert Hall. This was the programme:

Rossini - William Tell Overture: Galop

Prokofiev - March of the Capulets from Romeo and Juliet

Elfman arr. Bankey - The Simpsons Main Theme

Tchaikovsky - Trepak from The Nutcracker

Khachaturian - Sabre Dance

Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries from Die Walkure

Williams - Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter

Williams - Superman Main Theme

It sounded like a CD, the performance was perfect. We sat one row back from the front in the stalls and although we didn't have a view of the whole orchestra like a balcony seat would have given us, it was nice to see the faces of the musicians at the front as they played. We would not have been able to see their faces so clearly from another seat. It was just the right length for the children too and the choice of music was great: I have a new appreciation of The Simpsons theme - it was a really complicated piece of music.

Last time I posted I mentioned my new spectacles, well here is the photo of me wearing them at last.

Photobucket

4 comments:

laura b. said...

That sounds like a wonderful family concert! Children (and adults) do tend to enjoy music more when it is something they recognize.

The new specs are very nice on you :-) Good choice.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

What a nice way to spend time with family.. Love the new spectacles...very dashing...

FW said...

Your making me blush! Thanks ;-)

Tara said...

Wow, I'm sorry I missed this! Yay, FW in living color! I agree with Babybull you are dashing! Nice glasses, too! Thank you for posting this, I know that it's hard for some to put themselves out there in blog world.