Monday, February 19, 2018

Atomic Blonde (2017)

I didn't watch this just because Charlize Theron was in it, I didn't know she was until I saw the credits. Its not a title I was familiar with but it was available on a recent flight and I decided to give it a try - it would at least pass the time. Boy oh boy does this film pass the time: the excitement and action is intense. The fight scenes steal the day and they are all excellent. I mean really good. If you like the Bourne and Bond style fight scenes of recent movies then you will love the ones in this film.
It is a very violent film and depicts men striking a woman and even strangling one. So its not a film for the feint hearted but the story behind the action is not too bad either. I wouldn't say its a complex spy thriller but its good enough to serve as something the action hangs off of. There is some sexual content but it is a lesbian scene between Charlize and a French spy (played by the beautiful Sofia Boutella). A thumbs up for this film from me.


No comments: