Saturday, June 29, 2019

British Summer Time

This weekend we have unusually hot weather from Europe, France recorde it’s highest temperature since records began, hitting just over 45 degrees Celsius. It is probably going to reach over 30 degrees here, I can feel it is starting to get uncomfortable and is only 9:58am.
I’ve got the garden furniture out and intend to be in the garden as much as possible, in shade of course.
The reason for this post though, is that during the summer I think the government (the nation as a whole) should compensate us for the rest of the year. Here is what I propose:

June and July - weekend extension to include Fridays (a 3 day weekend)
August - weekend extension to include Thursdays (a 4 day weekend)

These two simple change would, I believe, improve the health and productivity of the nation. I don’t believe we would lose anything by making these changes. They would give us more time to do stuff, without having to rush around in the hot weather. There would be more time to relax, so we would be less stressed and more motivated when we are at work.

The changes above would be much more useful and meaningful than the hour the clocks change.

Please, someon with any political power - MAKE THIS A CAMPAIGN PROMISE and I guarantee you’ll be elected!

No comments: