Monday, September 23, 2019

Active noise cancelling headphones

So a friend at work was telling me a few weeks ago how he bought an expensive pair of headphones and feels it was one of his best investments ever. He bought a pair of Bose headphones, one of the expensive makes. I was talking to my wife about the music volume at the gym being very loud and sometimes overpowering the music I’m listening to with my earbuds and headphones that I wear there. She was saying the same thing and we decided we would both buy a pair of noise cancelling headphones for the gym. She opted for ones similar to the folding Sony headphones we bought for travelling to the States last year. Hers are wired and she has to put an AA battery in one of the ear cups for the noise cancelling feature. I read a few Amazon reviews and opted for a pair hat were compared very favourably to the Bose headphones but for a fraction of the cost. My headphones are made by Boltune and they are quite brilliant. The noise cancellation works really well and they are ideal for the train. They claim to have a 30 hour battery life and have a feature whereby 5 mins of charge time gives 2 hours use. I haven’t tested this out but I am very happy with the comfort, sound and build quality. I haven’t been able to compare hem to the Bose, I would. Hope that the Bose offer something in the audio quality department that I’m not getting with the Boltunes, especially considering the price. I expect that Bose have a wider audio spectrum in the treble area and that their sound separation is better: BUT I don’t know this for sure.



No comments: