Friday, January 01, 2021

New Year's Day 2021

Page one of a new year and I had a great breakfast of a sesame bagel with bacon and cheese, which was accompanied by an excellent coffee I made myself from filter coffee provided by a local coffee bean shop called The House Of Coffee. It was a great start to the day. My wife and I then took the dog out for a long walk to the woods that he loves. We met another dog walker who walked with us, he has the same breed of dog and our dogs love to play together. So it was nice for the dogs to be able to play together.

Back at home I finished off a cinnamon toffee swirl I'd bought the previous day. I watched a film in the afternoon. Read a bit and also sorted out how my Christmas presents can work together, more on that in my next post.

That was my New Year's Day. The weather has been cold but it hasn't rained or snowed. It did start out a bit dark and dreary and I did have a bit of trouble getting up, partly because it was dark but also because it was a fairly late night last night and I'd drunk a few beers and some 43 liqueur.

There were some fireworks that went off locally but it didn't last too long. Then I caught a bit of the fireworks from London, I didn't know whether they were having any this year and was surprised that they did to be honest, given how they didn't want crowds and were telling people to stay home.

Glad that the news didn't have any awful disaster on it.

No comments: