Sunday, March 21, 2021

First dose done

Miraculously, not long after my last post I was sent a text inviting me to book my Covid vaccination appointment. It didn’t take long for the short wait to be over and last Friday I drove to Wing and it was there that I received my jab. It felt like a little scratch, not painful and I was given a card and that was it. It was all over in 15 minutes and since, over the next day or so, I felt a little more tired than usual but now I feel like normal again. I do have a tender arm but only like a bruise, not a constant aching.

I received the Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine, the one that was being questioned in Europe for a day but worries seem to have been allayed, just scaremongers. I know that there are people who are anti-lockdown and anti-vaccine, although I don’t know if they are two opinions that have a significant overlap or not. I can’t understand them.

My next dose is due sometime in June, it’s been booked. On the day I had my first dose, it was apparently a record day for vaccinations - Boris Johnson even had his injection on the same day. Not in the same location as I had mine though!

No comments: