Saturday, November 12, 2005

Writing

I used to write a lot; poetry and stories, I attended a writer's group at a local art centre. That was when I was single and had a lot of angst. I probably have more material to write about now but I seem to have less inclination to use my writing as a vehicle of expression. It might help relieve stress if I did start writing again, get stuff out of my system. My wife bought me a tough document folder with lots of compartments, zips, pads, pockets and dividers; it was for work but it seems too good for that. Also, I don't do very much with my paper notes after meetings - I hardly transcribe a lot of it. Lately, the past year and a bit, I've enjoyed the writings of Tom Clancy. I've been toying with the idea of trying to write something like a spy story. Years ago, I enjoyed the Ian Fleming novels. Both these writer's share a level of detail that I find interesting to read because it makes the stories seem believeable, even though the plots are quite fantastic really. Perhaps, my spy story idea is not a good one, given that I think my best writing from the past is observations from feeling separated from society and loneliness.

No comments: