Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nights are drawing in

It's getting darker earlier and earlier in the afternoon. My neighbour commented to me yesterday evening that she likes the fact that it is dark when she gets home. I guess I can appreciate some of that - it certainly makes the house feel cozy. The heating is on, the lamp casts a nice warm It also makes me think of the holiday season approaching, the shops are starting to stock Christmas items in the run to the end of the year. I have a lot of deadlines to meet before the end of the year, so I'm just going to get my head down and work through it all. I'll be blogging when I can over the coming months.

If you've never seen the show The IT Crowd, I'd recommend it. I've seen two series on DVD and have enjoyed it, a good laugh.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Well hey! Welcome back!

I don't know, I'm not so crazy about it getting darker earlier in the day. For one thing, it doesn't leave me much time to go out for a walk, so I have to resort to the stationary bike for exercising. Plus, I don't like driving on snowy, icy roads in winter when it's dark by the time I'm leaving work. But definitely once I get home I can enjoy the night and the comfy knowledge that I'm home.

FW said...

Yeah, I guess we have more middle of road weather while you have more extremes. I can understand a feeling of trepidation about the winter approaching.

laura b. said...

I like the longer daylight hours. When I get off work at 6 and it is dark outside I feel like my day is over and I find it mildly depressing. You have a good attitude though :-)
The IT Crowd, eh? I'll have to look for it.

Anonymous said...

I love the IT crowd. I work with Moss or at least his real-life counterpart.

There never has been a funneral scene so bueatifully written as him comisserating the widow of the company ceo.

"I'm sorry for your loss..."

I'm crying laughing thinking about it.

Have you seen Father Ted by the same writer?

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I love this time of year... gets dark earlier and that means time for sitting around with the family.. Not that we do that much here.. but it does sound very nice..

FW said...

Laura B: I don't mind the dark, its the cold and the frosty, misty mornings I dislike - especially if I have to drive.

Eliza F: Father Ted was very funny too, the writer was in an episode of Alan Partridge too I think.

Mrs Big Hairy Woman: (feels somehow wrong to write that!) I prefer to sit at home and snuggle infront of the TV when it gets dark earlier. Some comfort food within reach helps too.