Saturday, November 03, 2007

In Praise of...

There is so much to be thankful for in life. The gift of music is just one of them, it's an important one for me. Here's a lovely little video of a soprano from the UK singing in a show usually broadcast on a Sunday at tea time. The show is called Songs Of Praise and I don't usually watch it but I turned on the TV and this song just started and I was captivated for a few minutes. I knew Lesley Garrett's name and could probably have guessed who it was. I listen very often to Classic FM radio when I'm in the car these days and she has a show on that. I like her voice and she seems like a nice person when I've seen her on the Children In Need show, I know she has done a lot for charities. I'm always amazed at how operatic singers manage to breath and flow with the song. She does a great job here and looks amazing.

No comments: