Monday, April 28, 2008

April Nearly Done

My blogging performance has dropped quite dramatically this month I see. That's not good. Today though, the gloom was lifted by the installation of a new shower in our house. We have put up with our old shower for 8 years and that is enough by anyone's standards. The new shower runs straight off the boiler so it has better temperature and water pressure (we'll know in the morning rush hour tomorrow!). So, yeah I'm looking forward to returning to showering rather than bathing, which I have been doing everyday for the best part of a year. It's better on the environment than bathing, I do like a good soak (but not everyday). We just have to tidy up a few tiles which were left bare after the old shower was removed.

On Saturday I bought the family a Wii Fit balance board. It's really a very nice and pleasant way to tune up the body. The Yoga section is my favourite and the balance games are good fun too - especially the hula hoop, which had me laughing out loud watching my 5 yr old son trying it.

The sun has been making appearances recently, I'm so glad I bought myself a pair of sunglasses when I got my glasses. Driving is much easier when your not squinting with the light.

3 comments:

Tara said...

You're a great spokesman for Wii, every time you talk about it and the games, I want to buy one even more. I love the fact that you can do yoga with Wii and do the hoola hoop!

Good luck with the new shower hook up! I agree, bubble baths are nice now and then, but not everyday. That's a lot of water usage.

laura b. said...

Yes, the Wii is getting ever more tempting!
I am jealous of your new shower setup. We really need a new water heater at my house.

FW said...

Tara: If Nintendo would like to get in touch, I'd be happy to endorse their products on this blog!

Seriously, the new shower is great - it was so refreshing this morning.

L.B.: We need to get our boiler sorted out too but the shower is a 100 times better than what we had before.