Monday, August 25, 2008

Frightfest

I've been recording Film4's Frightfest films to watch at my leisure, a series of horror films to tie in with the festival in London. I'm looking forward to Re-Animator, Day Of The Dead, Dawn Of The Dead, 28 Days Later, The Blair Witch Project, The Descent, Vault of Horror and Ju-On 1 and 2 (The Japanese, and best, version of The Grudge). I haven't been to the film festival in London but some of the films look really good. This is one of the problems with having a full time job - not enough time off to enjoy life outside of work.

I don't have a all consuming dark nature to watch so many horror films - its just that the season is on and I'm taking advantage: it will take me a few weeks to watch them all and by then it will be Halloween: something else to look forward to! Let's face it, the English Summer is now over so there isn't much else to look forward to but Halloween and then Christmas.

4 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

It's amazing how fast the summer goes.next week the kiddies all go back to school.. Woo hoo!..

The frightfest seems like a good thing.. I love horroe flicks and so does Miss Punk Rocker..She is a horror freak somedays and has a pretty good selection of movies.. Enjoy the upcoming festival.. Make sure you find time to post your reviews.. :)

AlienCG said...

Pardon my long absence...
Are these the original Day and Dawn of the Dead movies? If so, they are really good.

28 Days Later is really cool. It's another zombie movie.

I have to see some of the Japanese original films. The Japanese have been getting it right when it comes to horror.

FW said...

Mrs HW: Yeah, our kiddies go back to school next week - we've had the usual expense of new clothes, shoes and lunchboxes.

AlienCG: Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, its the original Dead films rather than the remakes - I don't understand the need for remakes. The Japanese version of The Ring is worth seeing too. Makes me shiver even now.

Tara said...

Happy Birthday! We have this day off. They say it's because it's Labor Day, but I think it's because it's your birthday. :)