Monday, September 14, 2009

Blog history

I spent a few minutes today looking at some old bookmarks I’d stored of blogs I found and read. It’s sad the number of blogs that have been removed or just not updated for years by their owners. I wonder what’s happened to the people? What percentage are still blogging but with another identity? Or perhaps there is a percentage who have moved their activity onto Facebook or another medium.

I like the bloggers who keep going. It shows a commitment to the medium. Gives it some kind of validity.

4 comments:

Tara said...

I know a few bloggers who I used to read when I first started blogging, and they've dropped out for various reasons. I've often wondered if we'll all keep blogging years from now.

FW said...

Yes, I wonder that too?

laura b. said...

I really enjoy blogging...the writing and the reading. But, yeah, my blogroll has several links on it that seem to have gone pretty dormant. sigh.

FW said...

LB: Sometimes I think they're like little lights that flicker and die in the night. Sad but inevitable I guess.