Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Day Without Work

Hey folks, I had a day outside of work today. I am working tomorrow and then I also have Friday and Monday on leave too: so a nice long weekend. I had a few days I needed to use up and thought what the hell, I need a break. Work can take over, it's time to put the balance back!

My wife had to go into London, so I dropped her at the station and picked her up from it when she returned. I also picked my kids up from school and took them and a friend to the gymnastic class they attend. Then took them to McDonald's for tea as a treat.

I saw an old friend for a drink and a chat in the pub around the corner at lunchtime, it's good to catch up. I haven't seen him since just before Christmas.

I visited the library to take some things back and ended up loaning a few CDs and the film Moon, which I've wanted to see for a while. I also got my hair cut and took a batch of magazines to a couple of charity shops for them to sell. So all in all I've had quite a good, productive day.

2 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Enjoy the time off.. We all need that from time to time..Going to McD's is a treat here too.. but not for tea..lol.. do they have the ones with the Playland inside for the kiddies to run and play? We have them here and LHM loves going just for that alone..He needs no tea..lol

laura b. said...

Sounds like a busy, yet relaxing day off. Enjoy your long weekend, FW.