Sunday, March 07, 2010

Oscar 2010

It's that time of year again for the Oscar ceremony. I wonder who will be victorious tonight? I hope the following get some awards:
  • Avatar
  • District 9
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • Up
 I haven't seen many of the films nominated, I've only seen the two above. I think Avatar should win just for its trailers, they were pretty awesome. Up and Inglourious Bs were great fun to watch, while District 9 just sounds exactly like the kind of film I'd like to see (trailer good too). I'd also really like to see The Hurt Locker so I hope that gets an Oscar. In a way, I would like Hurt Locker to win best picture over Avatar like it did with the BAFTAs. Avatar must be the favourite though but it would be good for a female director to win an Oscar and does James Cameron need any more awards to prove he's great?

5 comments:

laura b. said...

I'm interested, for the first time in awhile, in the Best Picture category. Ten is a big field, but it only made the race that much more interesting. LOVED Up and Inglourious.

laura b. said...

Huh. Well, Hurt Locker, eh? Hm.

Tara said...

I predict that Sandra Bullock will win for Best Actress and that Christoph Waltz will win for Best Supporting Actor...

I'm good, aren't I? Hehe. Actually I didn't get a chance to read your post until today, so no psychic abilities were utilized. :)

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I think that James Cameron was a little thrown off his throne.. ha ha.. I'm sure he is happy for his ex winning.. Eh? Up was fantastic.. Glad it won several awards..

FW said...

LB: Surprise! Yes, I'm not sure why it won but I haven't seen it so...
Tara: OK, I'll let you off!
MHW: Avatar did win some awards and I hope he's big enough to take it. Good news for female directors though, even if it took a long time coming.