Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Where is summer?

Here are some thoughts I blogged earlier today...

I thought we were supposed to have fine weather this week, if the sky doesn't clear I don't see it getting any warmer.
I'm in a waiting room at the train station. A lady opposite me keeps yawning really deeply. On my journey home yesterday I sat opposite a lady who fell asleep with her head back and her mouth wide open. I had the mischievous thought that she looked like an inflatable doll as might be found in a adult catalogue. She wouldn't have thanked me for that thought, I'm sure.
The train announcer has told us that the train is delayed. That's a pain. I bought a fruit salad from a new stall just before the ticket barriers. I've eaten it but the fruit was very bland to be frank. I think that's the trouble with fruit salad, the flavours don't sit well together if you leave it too long. I don't think I'll buy the same thing again from the stall, even though the seller was pleasant enough.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

ha! I can't imagine being tired enough to sleep deeply like that in public. Maybe that just means I'm too lazy to get that tired :-)

I like fruit salad, but mostly when I just made it myself because you are right about the sitting time.

FW said...

Too lazy to get tired sounds like a double negative to me ;-)

Tara said...

Just thinking of that lady yawning made me yawn too. I'm sleepy. I will try to avoid falling asleep with my mouth open and my head back.

FW said...

That's the power of the yawn. I'm sure there's some anthropological reason why yawning is infectious like laughter.