Monday, February 13, 2012

Bird table battles

Hello folks, it's been a while! I have a day off today. It feels like Siberia in our house, but the weather outside has risen a few degrees. We're being cautious with the heating after being slammed for 500 pounds recently.
The bird table my wife bought is bringing us some entertainment. Blackbirds, robin redbreasts, pigeons and bluetits have all been seen as well as a cat prowling around.
I watched the BAFTAS last night, it was good to see Stephen Fry being the anchorman again. He's much better than Jonathan Ross, I have to say.
It was quite a shock to hear about Whitney Houston. Such a shame for someone so talented to end up like that due to the drugs, what a powerful lesson for anyone who thinks drugs are worth investigating: forget it!

6 comments:

laura b. said...

We've been enjoying a very mild winter so far, here in California. I hope it begins warming up there soon....a 500 pound power bill is insane!
I bet it is nice to look out and see the birds visiting.
I was sorry to hear about Whitney Houston too. I was hoping she'd be able to get herself together at some point. Waste of a great talent.

FW said...

Hey LB!: Yeah, the bill was a shock! We were having a mild time but recently we've had snow and it got very cold. Feels a bit warmer now though.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Hello FW and welcome back..

I didn't watch the BAFTA'S But I did watch The Grammy's and during commercial breaks I watched The Bodyguard..

It was very sad to hear about Whitney.. I think though that she was trying to make a comeback of sorts.. and I don't believe everything the media says about her.. I think she's resting in peace now and I feel bad for her daughter and family..

FW said...

MHW: Hiya, I guess The Bodyguard has been on TV a lot lately!

Tara said...

Hey, welcome back!

I'm sure the cat is grateful that you have a bird table now! Kitty buffet! Hehe.

FW said...

Yeah! :-)