Sunday, April 20, 2014

Another blog??

I have a secret. Not much of a secret really. A long time ago now, on 28 October 2007 to be precise I started a videogaming blog in addition to this one. I've kept it going, so now it is over 6 years old. Not quite as long ago as when I started this blog but almost. I've been thinking for a while now about starting a music blog. I used to do a music podcast but deleted it after 3 or 4 seasons. I did it very diligently, sourcing podsafe music and writing to the creators and promoting their tours or CDs. I had a BlogSpot blog, an Odeo stream and a Myspace page. Some of the bands even posted complimentary stuff. I enjoyed doing it but it was a lot of work. What put me off eventually was a snotty nosed email from an artist. I liked what she was doing with interviewing bands and so I interviewed a friend of mine. I mentioned it to her in my usual email to artists I featured in my podcast and she wrote me back basically saying I was copying her! I thought she might say something like thanks for featuring her music in my podcast and promoting her stuff but actually she seemed to take offense. I mean, it seems ridiculous that just by interviewing a friend I could provoke that reaction. She wasn't interested in supporting another artist who was struggling to make a go of it, she was self-interested. Well, that whole experience kind of put me off. I know I shouldn't have let it get to me, it was one of a number of things but it did make me reconsider what I was doing. If I do create a music blog it would just be about the music I like. I don't think I would have any ambition other than that.
I have a writing blog and a drawing blog. Neither are very active unfortunately. This one and my videogaming blog are the most regularly posted to. I would think that the music blog would be an intermittent one too.

No comments: