Sunday, May 31, 2015

Event Horizon

After purchasing this on DVD from a charity shop not so long ago, I watched it this week. It's the story of a salvage team who are diverted from their leave to go into deep space to rendezvous with a ship called Event Horizon that went missing 9 years earlier (I think it was 9 years anyway, I can't really remember now). They have to take a scientist with them, played by Sam Neil, who is an advisor because he built the ship's space drive. A system so powerful and fast that it actually folds space to enable super-fast intergalactic travel. However, there is a problem - (there usually is). The scientist seems to be experiencing disturbing flashbacks of his wife. Well, the salvagers dock with Event Horizon and although the ship appears to be intact but the crew are dead, there are weird life signals all over the ship. Ok, so I won't give the plot away but suffice it to say that the last 20 minutes of the film are very strange indeed. I don't know what type of film this is trying to be. I don't know whether I liked it or enjoyed it or not or something inbetween. It wasn't the film I was expecting it to be, that's for sure. It wasn't a film I would happily recommend to others. I've seen worse but I've also seen much better films.

No comments: