Sunday, March 20, 2016

Other DVDs to watch

As well as the classics I've mentioned, I've also bought a few things on DVD that I'm working my way through, these are:
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - this one is the original TV series broadcast in 1981. It was for me something that has stuck in my mind my whole life and as such is one thing worth remembering and revisiting. I bought this from HMV because I doubt I'll see it in a charity shop
  • Taxi the French film by Luc Besson, there is a story attached to purchasing this that I'll save for the blog post on it
  • Divergent - I know this film is based on a Young Adult sci-fi series of books but I haven't read them so don't know if they're any good. Incidentally, I am currently reading the second book in the Hunger games trilogy.
  • Battlestar Galactica Razor - a TV movie made for purest fans of the series as far as I can tell from Wikipedia. I bought this a while ago but haven't posted about it before
  • Kick Ass 2 - I have two copies of the first film Kick Ass because when I saw it in a charity shop I couldn't remember whether I already had Kick Ass or Kick Ass 2. I bought the original from HMV I think. I have seen both films on loan before buying, I do like the sheer violent craziness of these movies.
  • Cowboy Bepop - this is a Japanese Manga cartoon film but I have seen it before and enjoyed it. It has the same kind of setting of the TV series Serenity, bringing a Wild West kind of vibe to the film.
  • Macross Plus - a Japanese Manga cartoon film, the box I have bought also includes some of the first episodes of TV series I think. It will be interesting to see if or how the styles differ between the TV and the film. I've started watching the film but haven't finished it yet

As you can see, I have been active but just haven't watched much. The story behind the Taxi film is the reason why, but more on that after I have finally watched the film!





No comments: