Sunday, June 28, 2020

When A Stranger Calls (2006)

The Horror Channel has a season called Sunday Thrillers and this film was the one from last week. I wasn't going to watch it but in the end it was on TV and I just continued to watch it. I guess it says something about the film that I continued to watch but quite what that is I'm not sure. I did enjoy the performance by Camilla Belle who plays a young girl who is baby sitting for a wealthy couple who live in the middle of nowhere.
The film is a psychological thriller about her receiving a series of phone calls through the night that eventually transform into a very real physical threat to her life and the lives of the other inhabitants of the house. This is a remake of a film that I can't remember if I've seen. Is it better than the original? I don't know because I can't remember the original, the original is apparently famous for having a very scary first 20 minutes. Probably not the same class on show here but I thought Camilla's performance as the main character was strong.



No comments: