Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Royal wedding TV commentary

What a joke the TV coverage is whenever there is any Royal occasion. Its totally over the top and biased : anybody who does make a comment that is balanced is regarded as mistaken and anyone who criticises the Royalty (even by email read aloud) is treated with the contempt reserved for criminals. And they have to talk don't they - even when there is nothing to say! I don't want to hear a banal comment on a hat when it's on the screen and anyone with half a braincell can make the same observation. I know I had the choice to turn off and I'm not an avid supporter of the Royals we've got but I do like to see a spectacle and I did want to watch it. I also know that we can't choose the Royal family but after Charle's handshake with Mugabe I'm just so embarassed!

No comments: