Friday, June 24, 2005

Tom's Soaking

I missed this, must have been this week though. But some jerk-off pretending to be a reporter had a water squirter disguised as a microphone and Tom Cruise was happily about to give an interview when splash! See it all here, and Tom's disgust afterwards. I prefer Dennis Pennis verbal put downs to this idiot and unfunny stuff and I actually take Cruise's side - but only up to a point. He clearly didn't like it but I think I would have reacted in a similar way myself if it happened to me. Afterall, it was water but could easily have been acid. If his skin had been damaged that could have put an end to his career. Will Cruise be thinking of this incident everytime he has a microphone stuffed under his nose? He should have pressed charges as a deterrent to others, he would have gotten criticism for pressing charges of course. He had something nasty done to him and that happens to even the most saintly of us occasionally. We can usually forget it and move on but with Cruise being so public a figure the damage must be worse. I'm not saying he won't be able to forget it but since it was captured on film, it does make it more likely that it will be re-shown ad infinitum. How cross would that make you?

No comments: