Wednesday, October 05, 2005

James Bond 007

I was excited to see that Tomorrow Never Dies was on TV yesterday, I watched just over half but tiredness took over and I finally had to admit defeat and go to bed. The game James Bond 007: Everything Or Nothing has turned me onto Bond again, the concept of scoring points for "Bond moments" is particularly innovative. You see, I guess I've been a bit snobbish and have ignored Bond as being too formulaic and stunt-driven instead of well scripted stories with fast flowing pace and realistic action sequences (see The Transporter). The last Bond film I went to the cinema to see was The Living Daylights, which gets the thumbs down here - I remember it being quite nasty and violent. Timothy Dalton's Bond had likeable qualities but he probably didn't fit the Bond mould established by the other actors, I don't remember him being as much of a womaniser. The point of this is that I have started to develop some appreciation of the formula for Bond films, something the writer of this page seems to appreciate too. There are a few other Bond games out there: Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough, James Bond 007 in Agent Under Fire, James Bond 007: Nightfire, Goldeneye: Rogue Agent, 007 Racing and I see that a new game for PS2 is coming in November based on Sean Connery's From Russia With Love.

No comments: