Saturday, October 01, 2005

Tom Clancy's Netforce

I watched Tom clancy's Net Force last night, I didn't know a film had been developed from the books. Infact, it turned out to be a tv mini series sold as a feature film on VHS. It wasn't awful actually, I wasn't expecting a lot but was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, some things just weren't right. Like the paramilitary outfits of some of the Netforce staff - black shirts, black berets, white polo necks and lots of leather. They looked like something out of a Man From Uncle film. I thought the theme of a millionaire IT entrepreneur (Will Stiles) bundling his company's web browser with a computer operating system to win a competitive edge and world domination was a little too obviously based on Bill Gates. I couldn't decide whether I liked the close association to real life or not. I'm surprised they got away with it without having their arses sued. The leading man wasn't bad but was a bit too laid back for my liking. The Cinema Club video sound quality wasn't great but I persevered. Aside from these things I was well entertained.

No comments: