Friday, December 02, 2005

FIFA Football

Not related to the death of George Best, I recently purchased the 2003 version of this game and I have to admit it is quite an addictive proposition. I didn't expect very much but was very pleasantly surprised at how good it is. At the same time I picked up Pro Evolution Soccer 3 but the disk was scratched and so it had to go back. I have a better copy now and also found a cheap copy of FF2004 and it too seems good, although I think it has got more sophisticated with the Off The Ball control. I haven't really tried PES 3 but it "feels" good too. It might even get me interested in soccer again. The main feeling I get when playing the game is how much better it is than playing Subbuteo ever was. Maybe that's just because my brother was always shouting at me for kneeling on players? There was always a great blob of glue surrounding the West Brom players feet. FF2004 has West Brom in the First Division and Wolves in the Premiership - that can't be right can it? Perhaps when the game was finalised WBA looked as if they might be relegated but actually weren't?

No comments: