Sunday, September 16, 2007

Shuffling Along

Has it really been a week since I last posted something here? It doesn't feel that long! I wonder if keeping a notebook has had a replacement effect instead of a supporting role in my blogging? I mean, perhaps I get out of me what I need to in my notebook instead of in these posts.

On Monday evening I started a guitar class. It's ok so far, I found I couldn't strum a simple pattern very well but I could form chords OK, so I could use the tuition. We learned the key of D and the key of G. A member of the group turned up a little late, a lady. She tried to enter the class in an unobtrusive way but because her guitar was strapped on her back (with the neck sticking out), when she turned to close the door she hit a chair making a loud noise. The class is in an art room, so there are papier mache models hanging up etc., and she tried to slip quietly past the tutor but turned again and hit the models hanging up. I bet she felt a right wally, I know I would have, but to her credit she got on with it and didn't play bad either.

I've got my Xbox360 online now, so I've been doing a bit of gaming with some friends, not real friends - like the kind you know on a face to face level - but internet friends: the internet is a new social paradigm isn't it?

I'm listening to a lot of music lately, partly in preparation for a new season of FWPL starting in October but partly because I bought my wife a new Ipod and have taken over using her old Ipod Shuffle. I love iTunes and the Shuffle, you can get several albums worth (as much as you can listen to on one trip) and hear the tracks in endless new ways. I love the serendipity of tracks shuffling - it's what I do when I decide the play order for my podcast. It keeps things interesting having that juxtaposition of styles and genres.

Hope everyone has had a good week, here's to another this week...cheers!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Keep up with the guitar lessons, and then post a sample up here for us!..Please? :)

Having a notebook around is a good idea, you never know what's going to pop up.

laura b. said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your guitar lesson and it is fun meeting new people in the real world...not to disparage internet friends. It is indeed the new social paradigm.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Good for you to learn guitar.. I did too as a kid and got okay at it.. but over the years I lost my touch.. one day I will pick it up again.. The internet is a savvy place and good for meeting people...

FW said...

Tara: I will post some up but let me get better....

Laura B: Humans are a social animal at heart. We need company.

Mrs Big Hairy Woman: I've played guitar a fair amount over the years off and on but never had any formal tuition. It's good to finally be getting some.