Sunday, September 02, 2007

Thirty nine

Birthday's are strange aren't they? Thanks for my birthday shout outs people, nice to be thought of on such a day. It's near the end of my thirties and yet I don't feel anything much about that, perhaps it will be different as the year progresses. I already spent my birthday money on the Xbox360, but it was nice to get some new clothes to wear - and because I've lost weight actually fit into 32" waist jeans.

I've been thinking a lot recently about life and what matters. I'm going to start some guitar lessons in the next week or so, it's at a local art centre I used to go to pretty regularly many years ago. I think going out and interacting with people outside of work and home is essential - it's something I haven't been doing enough of since my daughter was born several years ago.

I'm listening to a lot of classical music lately. Mainly as I drive, I listen to Classic FM. I've also watched a documentary series I took out the library on The Great War. I wanted to understand more about how that war started, a lot of people only know it through the Blackadder Goes Forth TV comedy. Hope you enjoy the following clip, you'll see a younger version of Hugh Laurie from House fame (among many other things) in it.


2 comments:

laura b. said...

As one who is well into the 40's (44) I can tell you that it isn't so bad...so don't dread next year. I think it is excellent that you are going to begin guitar lessons! I have always wanted to play an instrument.

FW said...

Thanks, other people mention it as some big thing and it gets to me a little. But you're right, it isn't so bad! I'll let you know how the lessons go! I'm apprehensive about it.