Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Oh Sunny Day

Unusually for England in June, the weather hasn't been so bad so far. Sunday and Monday were absolutely lovely. Let's hope it continues a bit longer than forecast (Thursday and on to the weekend doesn't look so good). This week I finally converted my Club Nintendo stars into something useful - points to spend in the Wii shop. We don't make a lot of use of the Wii's online potential: sometimes looking at news and the weather channels, sometimes playing strangers at Wii Chess, sometimes entering Mii competitions and judging other entrants and sometimes playing multiplayer races on Mariokart Wii. This week though, I used the stars I've earned through buying games and converted them into Wii Points Cards and have accumulated the 500 points needed to download the Internet Channel. This is a web browser on the Wii. So I can watch You Tube on my TV and read blogs and so on. There are also games sites that allow you to play free online Flash games on the Wii. I don't think I'll be writing much on the Internet Channel though because typing on the Wii is a bit like trying to type with one finger on a keyboard your not used to: painful.

5 comments:

Tara said...

We've had some beautiful weather here, too. Always nice to see! Last night, though, the thunderstorms found us. So it's been dark and rumbly last night and on into this morning. I love thunderstorms, though.

I'll have to try hooking my Wii up so that I can play with others online!

FW said...

Thunderstorms are so exciting! They don't happen very often here though, that's probably why I find them quite interesting.

We could send each other Miis we've made!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

we had some cold snap but that eneded with a wallop.. we had almost a week of non stop humidity.. its over now and much nicer... I would like to try out the Wii, but its too pricey for me at this time..

FW said...

I'd rather have it cold than humid. The Wii price will fall, some deal will come along you can't refuse.

Tara said...

I'm going to pick up the Wii adapter I bought today so that I can connect to the internet! Then we definitely should exchange Miis!