Sunday, December 21, 2008

December Song

It has been a lively last few weeks, I've had to do quite a bit of travelling for work hence my lack of posts and lack of time in general. Work in general has been more than a little distracting lately anyway, there is big change on the way and I don't know if I want to stay to go through it all. I've lived through several big changes already and I'm starting to get "change fatigue" - I don't think it actually improves things either, so its all a big waste of time.

I'm set for Christmas, more or less, and I'm actually starting to feel a little bit excited for the children. I was at my children's school's Christmas carol concert in the church and almost welled up the children sang so lovely. My daughter played guitar and recorder in a group at the front of the church. I was very proud of her. Actually, the end of the longest school term on Friday was great for a number of reasons:

  • I began my holiday (apart from Christmas Eve when I'm working)
  • It was the last day of school term, so the holidays were starting
  • My children were both in the church to sing carols and I was there to watch
  • The church was a lot warmer because they had installed heaters this year
  • My daughter was performing music
  • My children were feeling better (they have had time off being sick from school this week - my son missed one of his chances to perform for parents in the school nativity - I had taken the day off, I was upset not to be able to see him but glad I could be at home to look after him)
  • My daughter won the Citizenship Cup for the term by being a good citizen in her school (she's been longing to win it forever)
  • My son won the Child of the Week certificate for his humorous and entertaining performance of the cockerel in the nativity play (shame I missed the second performance but lots of parents who saw him said he was brilliant)
  • My daughter came home with a gold certificate for house points and my son came home with a silver certificate for house points he had earned

I was very pleasantly surprised by all of this good news from the school, it made me forget about my worries at work and focus in on my family, which is what life should be all about.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year. I hope you spend some quality time with your loved ones this Christmas.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, congratulations to your kids for doing such a wonderful job in school! You must be very proud. I'm glad they're feeling better too.

I also know exactly what you mean about "change fatigue". I had that when both the director of our school quit and the director of my department. Then it was "lack of change" fatigue that was getting me down, because they took so long to hire people.

Have a wonderful, happy Christmas and New Year to you and your family too!

FW said...

Thanks Tara, Merry Christmas x

laura b. said...

Your children are successful because of their wonderful parents! Enjoy your time off and perhaps you will feel more ready to deal with the coming changes.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the whole FW family :-)

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Have a Happy Christmas and keep safe...

FW said...

L.B.: Thanks for your lovely comment! Have a wonderful 2009!

Mrs H.W.: Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!