Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Post-Christmas Doldrums

Between Christmas and New Year I tend to feel a bit low. It's the knowledge that I'll be returning to work soon and that all of the Christmas celebrations will be over. There is such a chill in the air here outside that it feels much colder than it normally does and we don't even have the excitement of having snow on the ground. The shops are full of sales and people lapping up the items but we're kind of stuck between wanting to do stuff with the kids but not wanting to keep dragging them around the shops. I'd like them to remember more from their childhood than boring shopping trips. It's so cold though. Yesterday we sat in the car watching the kids in a local play park, it was freezing. In my low spirited mood I'm more inclined to stay at home and watch films or play videogames but that's not possible as a parent. At least, not until after bed time. Ughh! I wish there were more things to do as a family around here - or that I was in a better mood to find something more interesting for them.

My Christmas present this year was a box set ultimate collectors edition of James Bond films - all of the films with an extra disk per film of extras, excellent! I also got a scarf, some socks, some skin care smellies and a Game voucher. I haven't got anything in mind yet for a game so I will probably wait until something comes along that I think would be good.

I watched the film SAW this week, I thought it was good and obviously open for a sequel, I have SAW II so I'll probably watch that some time soon as well.

A couple of things borrowed from the public library recently: Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) and Hell Boy II The Golden Army. I'm a big fan of the first Hellboy movie so am looking forward to watching the sequel.

3 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

we sometimes take day trips during the warmer weather but never in winter.. Unless its going to my parents place and that feels like a day trip to me.. Long and tiring.. but it gets us out of the house.. But you know the comfort of home is always best.. Glad you had a nice Christmas..

Happy New Year!

Tara said...

The first "Hellboy" will always be my favorite, but the second one was good too. I hope you like it!

That's awesome about the James Bond DVDs!

laura b. said...

Great gifts!

The time between Christmas and the New Year always feels a bit unreal or something. It is a time out of time or something.

Your kids probably just appreciate spending time with you. It isn't always possible to buzz around doing exciting activities, but family hang time is very cool.

Happy 2009 :-)