Monday, January 19, 2009

Obama-tron

Lots of excitement in the States over the inauguration of a new President. It is a remarkable thing that America has achieved. I really do hope that he is able to make a difference to the lives of hard working, ordinary Americans. I can only remember one black UK politician off the top of my head. I expect that people will forget Obama's ethnicity as soon as Washington's political machine starts churning. It does feel like history is in the making though, I think you can be much more hopeful and optimistic when you have a young, good looking leader for your country. You know he has a lot of energy to contribute. Good luck President Obama.

3 comments:

laura b. said...

I think there is a lot of sentiment that he is the most "real" person we've had in the Presidency in a long time...if ever! I can't help but feel hopeful.

Tara said...

I am hopeful that he will sift through the mess our country has been confronted with and make a difference. There's so much opportunity for positive change.

FW said...

L.B.: I hope he gives the country a lift, it feels like it really needs it right now.

Tara: It would be nice if the new administration enables positive change. It could get quite tough for a while but nothing comes for nothing as they say.