Tuesday, January 06, 2009

First post of the year

My Christmas holiday is over tonight because tomorrow I return to work. I've had quite a bit of time off this Christmas - or at least it feels that way because I had to take a couple of extra days this week because my children's school started back later than other schools.

The holidays were good for me, I felt we spent a bunch of time together as a family and my wife and I even got to spend some a couple of nights alone together (a first since our daughter was born eight years ago). I saw two pantomimes, attended a carol concert and a wedding. I even had the luxury of not having to get up early in the mornings. All that has to change tomorrow.

I know its the season but I don't want to make any resolutions yet, there are a number of important things I want to do this year but I feel if I put them "out there" I may just end up not doing them. I'm looking at the calendar infront of me and the face of Kat Von D from LA Ink is watching me. I wouldn't want to make her any promises infront of her that I can't keep!

5 comments:

laura b. said...

How nice that you and your wife had some alone time. Spouses really need that. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation that needed to be just a little longer :-)
And please...don't make any promises to Kat Von D that you can't keep. She'd probably kick your arse.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Its nice that you had that alone time with your wife and got to go do some things.. Hope you have a great year...

Tara said...

I'm so glad you were able to spend time with the family during the holidays. That's what it's all about, really. Not sales, not Santa but family.

FW said...

L.B.: Yeah and I don't want my arse kicked!

Mrs H.W.: Thanks! Me too!

Tara: Absolutely and it was great but shorter than I'd have liked!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.