Friday, April 02, 2010

Gym in a park

We recently took the kids for a play on a park in a nearby village. We call it the Helter Skelter Park because it has a helter skelter in it but next to the children's play area there are a set of gym-like exercise machines for adults to try out. I think they are a great idea but it's the only park I've been to where I've seen such things. Here is a photo of one of the new machines recently put in place. When I say machines, they don't work on there own, you have to move the parts but they are great because the stuff you have to do can be done by any mobile adult - so the age range they can be used by is wide. Also, they don't require a lot of strength so you can be having a nice stroll and do some gentle exercise along your way. A great addition to the park I think, I wish more places had these sorts of human-friendly devices!

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Human-friendly devices, I like that :-)

Tara said...

I wish my younger nephews lived nearby so that we could do more playground hopping.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Wow I have never seen that before.. very cool.. Too bad they didn't have somethng like that here ..LHM could play while I get my exercise..(more of it)..lol

FW said...

LB: Our home could do with a few human friendly devices!
Tara: I have become well acquainted with plenty of local parks over the last ten years ;-)
MHW: Yep, if I lived around the corner from this park it would certainly be my local gym ;-)