Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend

My weekend has been quite good. On Friday night we went to see the filming of a TV show "infront of a live studio audience" at Pinewood Studios. The show was The IT Crowd, here's a clip from a previous episode. I've been once before, the studios there have a Bond 007 stage but I don't know if they do tours. They embarassed someone in the audience because we were told to turn off all our phones (they don't allow any filming etc.) but someone was Twittering and he got found out. I have no idea how they found out though.
On Saturday, our library had a big AV sale and I picked up a couple of videogames - one of the Grand Theft Auto series for PSP and the second Halo game for Xbox. A new exchange shop opened on Saturday in town and I bought another videogame, this time it was the first Halo game for Xbox. I really like the Halo universe.
Today, we had to go and get our old broken PC from the shop who had tried to repair it. I got some of my money back at least. Then we went out to go and buy a new one. I was looking at the new touch screen all in one PCs but we saw one that could just be plugged into our existing keyboard, monitor and speakers. It was more powerful than the all in one we could afford and because it was the last one in stock and was on display we could get it for 100 pounds less - the warranty and support terms were exactly the same, it just didn't include the original packaging.
I set it up this evening and moved most of the data off our old hard drive. The only hassle has been that our old programs are not on the new machine, so I've left a few things until I have more time to sort them out. At least we have a family computer again. We use it more than a car, so we spent a bit more than I was expecting to on it but I think we got a good deal in the end. Things don't last as long as they used to though, especially where computers are concerned.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Yay for your new computer! I'm sure it is worth the investment. We just NEED them now!
I took my son to get a couple of used video games today. Due to my liberal policies with things like movies and video games, it was not a mother of the year moment...

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Our library has a big week long sale every year.. I think I missed out on it this year.. They have all sorts of great stuff.. ffrom videos to games and of course books..

That must be really cool to see a show being taped..

Tara said...

I really want to get a laptop computer one of these days, and there's a place nearby where I can put one on layaway and pay for it a bit each week or every other week. That would probably be the best way to go for me right now.

FW said...

LB: Thanks, I'm sure your son appreciated it :)
MHW: It's quite interesting to see the process of taping a show.
Tara: Good luck with your laptops plans.