Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day

I can't believe all of last happened since my last post - time just seems to disappear! I can't even remember most of last week now. This weekend we had Father's Day on Sunday. I somehow managed to forget my dad's birthday this year, so I made sure he got a card and a gift for Father's Day. I myself got some DVDs I have been after for a while from my wife and kids, which was sweet of them. I took them out for a bike ride in the morning, followed up by another walk and a Sunday lunch in a village pub. The food was lovely and we all had a good time.
This week feels a bit disjointed because I have had to take today off to take my daughter to another town so that she can do a guitar exam. Seems a bit crazy to have the exam in another town but that's the situation. So I had a busy day yesterday and now I get to relax and tomorrow and the rest of the week will be busy. Bit of a stop/start week.
I'll have to do something constructive this afternoon, this morning I'll take it easy but I feel I need to achieve something later, so I might take a trip to the dump to get rid of some of the broken stuff we have in the back garden: I've let it pile up a bit and need to do some clearing so that we can take a bit more pride in the garden: I'll have to do some grass cutting too then. Pity that grass doesn't just need a cut at the start of summer and one at the end. Oh well, have a good week trekkers!

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Belated Happy Father's Day, FW. You seem like a wonderful dad.

Those stop/start weeks can be tough.

Sometimes I miss having my own little yard, but I admit, I don't really miss the maintenance part of it...lazy.

Tara said...

That sounds like you had a really nice Father's Day! What DVDs did you get?

FW said...

LB: Thanks, very sweet of you to say that. I also don't like the maintenance!

Tara: I got some box sets for TV shows I liked when I was a kid, I mention them in my next post.