Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spies, Lies and Pies

The news about spying today prompts me to think again about an idea I have for a new blog. Basically, my idea is to just report on stories in the news that could easily appear in a spy thriller. Some of the news stories you read, you just couldn’t make up: better than any fiction. I haven’t started such a blog just because if I had the time I would write the novel instead. A lot of the Tom Clancy novels mention how informative CNN is on foreign issues. To the extent that the president always has CNN on in the Oval Room and often hears intelligence first from it. I wonder how true that is? It sounds credible but I imagine there is a bank of analysts producing overview material for the top dogs: they probably use printed material instead of the instantly accessible TV. A picture says a thousand words.

2 comments:

Tara said...

That sounds like a good idea for a blog!

One of our students at the school I work for apparently thinks the government is recording her every move - phones tapped, etc.

FW said...

Perhaps they are following her!