Monday, August 09, 2010

Back from hols and back to work

Last week we were on our holidays at the seaside. It was good to be some place we hadn’t been before. The beach was lovely and we walked a long distance every day. As a birthday present for my wife recently my daughter asked me to buy Walk With Me for the Nintendo DS Lite. It comes with two pedometers that you wear everyday and at night can compare your activity rhythms with your partner. There are some games you can play – one is called Illuminate and it shows your Mii’s on a walking machine and the Mii’s walk while the time goes by over their heads and when you both maintain an activity level at the same time they shout “Synchro!” and eventually you can illuminate a town. It’s good fun and we walked A LOT while on holiday – my left leg ached so I don’t know how our children managed it – except that they are really fit and I’m not!

On Sunday morning my daughter and I went out on our bikes for a really satisfying ride. The weather was lovely.We rode along some of the cycle routes that have been created in and around the town. We rode to my kid’s village school and back. It took 40 minutes to get there, taking our time and just leisurely cycling. It was good to be out getting the exercise.

I was back at work today. The fear of being away always seems to overpower the actual experience. I hate coming back to work after a break though.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

Your holiday sounds wonderful! It is very nice that your family is all active together.

And it is always difficult going back to work after being away. Blah.

FW said...

LB: It was a great holiday thank you. Yep, it was difficult to get back into the swing but it soon falls back into routine.

Tara said...

That "Walk with Me" sounds fun, and I love that it comes with the pedometers.

I'm so glad you and the fam got to have a nice vacation!

FW said...

Tara: Thanks, I wasn't sure how it was going to go but it turned out well in the end!