Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Bank Holiday Beckons

I find it hard to believe that September is almost upon us. Seems like it was only yesterday that we were into summer. I traditionally like the run to December, I like looking forward to Christmas. I like the trees as their leaves change colour and the bright but cold morning sun. I like less the rain, the damp, the cold and the frosts and fogs. I'm glad we have seasons though, it would be too boring if the weather was the same all year round.
On Monday, we have a Bank Holiday in the UK - a non-working Monday. I like these, weekends of 3 days length should be the norm in my opinion. I also have wednesday off next week. So that means I will work only 3 days, which can't be bad.
This weekend I hope to be able to get back on my bike. I won't be overdoing the speed though.
I've been playing a lot of the game Professor Layton and the Curious Village videogame on my Nintendo DS Lite; if you enjoy puzzles and brainteasers I heartily recommend it.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I'm looking forward to the Fall weather. Not so much the Winter weather, but I like the cooler, crisper air and the color change of the trees.

We have Labor Day coming up in a few weeks, so that'll be a 3-day weekend to look forward to!

Enjoy your short week and long weekend!

laura b. said...

If given the choice, I'd be willing to work 10 hour days, 4 days per week, with 3 days off.

Have a great short week and good luck getting back in the saddle :-)

FW said...

Tara: Hope you like your Labor Day weekend, I think I remember my brother mentioning it was next week.

LB: Thanks, I am a more wary cyclist these days.