Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

I've been incredibly busy lately, both at home and at work. At times like these the blog has to take a backseat. Time for reflection and general musing has to go out of the window.
To mark Halloween we have carved our pumpkin and it will be outside tonight to ward off the evil spirits. I believe they are called Jack'o'lanterns in the US? We put a candle inside. I always find pumpkins surprisingly dense. This year I've noticed that the pumpkins seem physically bigger than they have for a few years. I wonder if the growing conditions have been good?
Anyway, time for me to get back to rhe world of work, so have a happy Halloween all!

2 comments:

laura b. said...

Yes, we do call them Jack-o-Lanterns! And although I love them once they're done and lit I have always found preparing them kind of gross :)
Happy Halloween, FW!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

BHM carved one up for our little man.. and it was really nice.. but unfortunately after a few days on the mantle.. it left horrble stain behind.. (Need a plate next time)

Hope you had an uneventful Halloween!