Tuesday, July 23, 2013

This fine weather

For the last few weeks it has been really hot here in the UK. It has really felt like being in the Mediterranean. The plus side is that when leaving the house I don't have to think about what to wear. I feel good and enjoy being outside. The downside is that it can feel very clammy, at night it is hard to sleep and it saps the energy out of me. This may sound like a complaint but really it isn't. I enjoy the good weather but I know that soon it will break and we'll be back to normal, whatever that is. Normal is good too. My son said he loves the winter because he likes hunkering down in his bed, under his duvet where it is warm with his own body heat. I know exactly what he means.


2 comments:

laura b. said...

I love that photo.

I am a fan of warm to hot weather ususally.I agree with your son, though, it is rather nice at night to be cold. Much easier to sleep than when hot.

FW said...

LB: Yeah, Google images :-)

He does have a point. The early mornings are lovely and cool. I just need to get up from my slumber. I'm too much of a slumber jack though!