Friday, April 06, 2007

Dirty Weekend

It's the Easter break yay! The weather is going to be fine. No work for four days in a row. We're at home, so no rushing about (apart from me picking my daughter up from the grandparents today). So it's going to be a dirty weekend for me, yes you guessed it - time to go out in the garden and begin sorting it out for the summer. I don't mean the patio, my wife has done her part - planting the pots and stuff. Now it's my turn, that means mowing. I have a hover mower that was the cheapest model in the range and although it cuts the grass, if the grass is long you have to go over it twice at different blade settings. So, as a consequence of that, it takes twice as long to cut it. It doesn't pick the grass up either, so I'll have dirty green fingers at the end of it (I don't like wearing gloves). There may be other dirty jobs to do too, like sorting the shed out. I've put this off too long, now its time for action - unless I can find something else to suggest we do instead (like go to the zoo) ;-)

Whatever you get up to over the break, I hope you have a great time.

4 comments:

Tara said...

No mowing for us, but maybe shoveling. Snow, that is. Actually, I don't have to do that, the maintenance crew does it. I do miss the smell of freshly cut grass, though. My parents had us help with yard work awhile back. As a kid, I didn't find the pleasure in it that they did, but I don't think I'd mind it a bit now. Going out to eat on Sunday with my mom, but aside from that, just relaxin! :)

Rachel said...

We have snow on the ground again here too. I thought I might have to mow in a week or so but it looks like it might be a few more than that.
I have no plants or flowers. Just one tree.
I HATE yardwork!!!!

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Yeah shovelling is the weather forecast here too.. Figures we had no snow at X-mas and now at Easter we get snow.. So I plan on getting over this blasted cold.. (we are all down with it it seems) and I would love.. love to garden.. but alas.. the snow is my way..Still have a Happy Bunny Trail of a weekend.. I'd say Let's go to the Zoo......

FW said...

Tara: Hope you had a nice meal with your mum.

Rachel: Yard work is not my favourite activity either! I did it, but I know I'll have to keep it up every week now until the autumn.

Babybull40: I hope that you're over the worst of your colds now.