Friday, April 27, 2007

Good Postman

A good postman can make a day. If a Postie has a smile, a sense of humour and greets you in a morning it's a win-win situation - even if the weather is drizzly. This morning, I was called out of my bath by my daughter shouting "Someone's at the door". I wrapped a towel around my midriff and rushed downstairs. (Now, a bit of back story might help: I was refunded only yesterday for a package off e-Bay that never arrived). I open the door and there's a happy, smiley postie - he asks if I'm waiting for an order off e-Bay or something and it turns out that my package was delivered down the road. The Postie was great, he made my day because I got what I ordered (I had resigned to it being lost) and he worked out where the package should have been delivered to. Postie's like that are worth their weight in gold.

5 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

I have a nice postie here.. and he is cute as well.. Hey I'm allowed to look...

Tara said...

That's an excellent postie, for sure!
I have one that's pretty friendly most of the time. He always greets people with a nice smile and is very chatty. But he works while he chats and is pretty quick.

dmarks said...

I'm lucky if postie remembers to deliver the mail for the day.

laura b. said...

My postman doesn't seem terribly friendly. He is always in a big hurry. I guess he has a big route...or he just doesn't care to chat.
Yours sounds lovely FW.

FW said...

There does seem to be a big variety in the friendliness factors of local postal workers. How can we cheer them up in a morning?