Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Do I want new glasses?

I got my hair cut in between Christmas and New Year. I forgot about it but several people commented on it today as soon as they saw me, saying it was nice and it sort of threw my concentration for a few seconds. I have lost a couple of stones in weight because of the diet and I feel good for it. I'd like to try getting some new glasses but I find the process of choosing them quite difficult, I don't know whether my prescription has changed - last two times I've had my eyes tested I've found that my short sightedness has actually improved so I've had to have less powerful prescriptions. I'm told that this happens getting older, which I'm less thrilled about. So if I did get new glasses I'm not really sure what sort to get, maybe I should create a "mood board" for the kind of image I want? A mood board apparently is a poster or board with photos cut from lifestyle magazines - usually used for representing what you like in terms of design, style and taste of anything from cars to household furnishings. I'm not sure what would be on my mood board for face furniture, though obviously I'd want to project an image like a studious Keanu Reeves!

3 comments:

laura b. said...

haha! Well, obviously! So then, THESE with clear lenses.

Tara said...

You're not getting older, you're maturing. :)

That's interesting about the eyes. My eye doctor said my farsightedness had improved a teensy bit. I dream of one day going in there and him telling me that I don't need glasses anymore, that my eyes have mutated into normal vision. Heh. A girl can dream.

FW said...

Lb: Lol, yeah they're the ones for me!

Tara: I think mine might eventually be normal but its such a rapid decline, perhaps I'll have 2020 vision for just one day.