Thursday, January 24, 2008

One of those weeks

It's been a busy 7 days. I've a busy week next week too. Finding time for my leisure activity has been an issue lately. However, I'm here and I've had some wine and I'm ready. Ready for what? I ate some Oatibix today, a new(ish) breakfast cereal that comes in sachets you add milk to and microwave. I have to say that, although slightly sceptical at first, I actually enjoyed it and appreciated the warmth in my stomach and I also appreciated not feeling too hungry before having lunch. Isn't that just the worst part of being at work - when you get the mid-morning munchies so bad that you feel like you have to either eat or be sick. Life is so much better when you have the opportunity to snack mid morning. I've worked in some places with no canteen or snack shops that you can sneak off to, what dives! I did work somewhere once that had a Bun Wagon, a motorised cafe that opened for business anywhere and provided hot tea, cakes and even bacon sandwiches. The latest anti-obesity drive seems to have demonised bacon, which is a shame since it is probably my favourite meat. I also really like sausages, especially sausage rolls - another foodstuff that has been demonised. I did buy a sausage roll this week though. I'm so bad when I'm on the road! That's the trouble with combining diets with work - you have to have food to give you the fuel to carry on. What's the answer? Come on you new age chefs, tell us how we can eat healthy and have jobs where you travel so much!

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Oatibix sounds interesting. Sort of that same filling effect as oatmeal, I would imagine.
We don't have any on-site food facilities here at my work, but I do keep a stash of snacks in a cupboard at my desk :-)

Tara said...

You're not helping, FW, I'm still at work and now I'm having the post dinner munchies! Hehe. I love bacon, and I love sausage and after work tomorrow I'm gonna get some wine and some makings of a pizza and just chow down on a Friday night.

FW said...

LB: That's the benefit of a cupboard. I don't even have one of those at work!

Tara: he heh, sorry. It's nice when you can look forward to being home knowing there's a great meal waiting for you.