Thursday, January 03, 2008

Movie Time

We have rented some titles to watch:

  • 300
  • Sunshine
  • Hairspray
  • Pirates of the Carribean At World's End
  • Die Hard 4.0

I watched 300 last night, it was OK but not as good as I thought it would be. I didn't really know what to expect. I did enjoy it, don't get me wrong but I think it was pretty well hyped to be more than it actually was.

My wife reports that John Travolta played a good part in Hairspray, I don't know as I didn't watch it. It didn't appeal to me but I might have enjoyed it had I been in the mood.

I'm looking forward to watching Sunshine this evening. I saw 28 Days Later and I think it's the same director, name escapes me for the moment.

Also, we got a bargain yesterday: 21 disk boxset of Hammer Horror films for 40 instead of 150 pounds. There were a few vampire films with Christopher Lee and a few Peter Cushing films too. I can't wait, I love those old horror films. I'd love to get the Amicus collection on DVD too. Haven't seen that cheap enough yet though.

I'm probably not going to enjoy the pirates film and I have my doubts about Die Hard 4.0. I liked the previous Die Hard films, I bought the boxset but I'm just not sure a fourth is necessary. Oh well, only one way to find out...

2 comments:

Tara said...

I didn't think I'd enjoy the third Pirates movie, but it wasn't bad. It did drag in many spots, so you'll have a chance to get up and stretch or make some tea or something. The ending was pretty interesting. But after the third movie, I think I'm all pirated out. :)

FW said...

I really liked the first movie but felt the second lost its way a bit. I lost a lot of interest after that but I hope it redeems itself in the end, the characters were good so it would be a shame if it doesn't.