Friday, February 22, 2008

The Brits 2008

Photobucket

I watched The Brits 2008 with increasing disappointment on Wednesday night this week. I had been looking forward to settling down infront of the tele to watch it all day (for some reason - in previous years I've generally done my best to avoid it). There is usually a bit of excitement as to what's going to be the moment to remember at these such awards. This year for me it was Sharon Osbourne slagging off of Vic Reeves (a TV personality known for being a bit surreal and some hilarious moments in a TV quiz show called Shooting Stars: there is a blog post on why I like Vic Reeves somewhere in my head yet to be written) for being drunk. Only Vic knows if he was drunk or not (he denied it, saying it was the auto-cue going wrong) but Sharon was not very well behaved towards him - it seemed like she took it as a personal affront and how dare he turn up tipsy. The whole Osbourne family were presenting the awards and they did a reasonable job apart from that particular slip. Amy Winehouse sang well, but she can sing. Paul McCartney's set was disappointing for his lifetime achievement award and just generally I felt the whole evening was a bit of a let down. Certainly not something to look forward to next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post cheers me up a bit. I can chalk up my totals for Wednesday as: 1) MIssed eclipse-bad, 2) Missed Brits - Good 3) Goodnights sleep - v.good
:)
x
E.