Tuesday, May 06, 2008

An Air Of Summer

Things are looking up for England on the weather front this week. We have had some really lovely hot sunshine for the past three days now and it is set to continue until Friday. Its so nice for the kids to go outside and play in the garden after school, rather than be stuck in the house watching TV. We don't make enough of our garden, never have really. So this year I'd like to get outside a little bit more. On the outdoors theme, I'm not your typical outdoors kind of man. This may sound like a contradiction considering my previous statement but my natural environment is indoors - usually infront of a computer or videogame. Well, we visited a garden centre on Sunday on the way back from Collectormania and in addition to buying some soil for pot plants, some plants and various bits and pieces, I bought myself a new garden strimmer. It's a 2-stroke petrol job that has a starter cord you pull. It has a great tickover rumble to it, a bit like a chainsaw in Doom or something, and it is really loud when you full throttle it. Infact, I didn't quite realise exactly HOW LOUD it was until this morning when I woke up and couldn't hear a damn thing in my right ear. Seriously, I was deafened by silence. I don't know if that's possible but there definitely felt like I had something over my ear all morning. Next time I use the strimmer, I will either have earplugs or ear defenders on.

Last thing for tonight, is a link to a website where you can watch people from all over the world enjoying games on their Wii.

4 comments:

laura b. said...

I like to be outdoors in nice weather, but I'm not very sporty or gardening-y. I like to sit and read or perhaps watch someone else play a sport :-)

FW said...

sounds like the best way to enjoy the outdoors to me ;-)

Tara said...

I had the window in my room open a crack all day and I was just slapped with the scent of fresh air when I came home from work. It was so nice.

That Wii thing is so funny. I'm glad they didn't have a camera on me today while playing Mario Galaxy. I was getting frustrated with Mr. Mario and was enunciating a few expletives. ;)

Good luck with your gardening! Maybe they'll come out with a Wii Garden one of these days! :)

FW said...

Wow, I'd be terrified to leave my window open for fear of burglary. I can imagine how nice it would be to come home to a fresh smelling apartment though.

I think watching people play is interesting. I watch my kids play the Wii and some of the faces they pull are hilarious!