Sunday, May 04, 2008

Collectormania 2008

My wife has an autograph collection, she writes off for them occasionally and we some good ones. Today we visited The Centre at Milton Keynes to go and see Collectormania. I've written about this event before and always enjoy visiting it. There is a marketplace (see photos below) and there is a whole section devoted to stars and their fans who queue up dressed in long black leather coats and other such attire, I love it. As a family with young children its quite frustrating when all you really want to do is go and queue and have your photo taken with Linda Blair but you can't because when you have children queueing is the last thing in the world that they understand and want to do. So on one hand it's a little disappointing but on the other, I just love seeing so much STUFF devoted to the TV shows and films I love. Its great to be with so many other people who share a love of horror and SF. It makes me want to go and watch some films now, bye bye film fans!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tara said...

That looks like an amazing event! We had a little mini-horror convention awhile back and I couldn't help beaming while looking at all the cool stuff.

FW said...

It was great but there were so many great things to buy, I ended up buying nothing because I couldn't decide. It was total overload, but in the best way.