Monday, April 13, 2009

Movies I watched this weekend

It's an older film now but I watched Re-Animator last night. It made me laugh with the over-the-top gore and silly plot. As a fan of gore horror, I enjoyed it and the acting was brilliant.
I also watched Girl From Next Door which starred Emile Hirsch and Elisha Cuthbert. In honesty, it was a film I watched only to see Elisha Cuthbert. It turned out to be quite different from what I was expecting and not in a good way. As the film closed I just thought what a wasted opportunity it was to have such a good cast and still to end up with such indifferent fodder. The cast looking great is about the only thing it is worth watching for.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I have never seen Re-Animator but I've heard people discuss the silliness of it. Was that an 80s horror movie?

FW said...

Tara: Yep, I think it was. If you get a chance to see it, take it. It's great fun.