Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday update

The weekend was quite busy for me, we attended another Judo competition on Saturday and my daughter came away with a winners trophy for her weight group. She’s got quite a good collection of them now, bless her tough little cotton socks.

I’m creating a relational database for another local club, so that is forcing me to re-acquaint myself with database design – something I’ve not done for a few years.

We went for a cycle ride as a family on Sunday morning, it was good to be out in the fresh air.

Today, I felt de-motivated at work because of the way a senior manager communicated. You’d think these people in high paid positions would know how to handle people wouldn’t you? Maybe I’m being super-sensitive? I’d like to just say what I think but I know it’s not worth it. 

3 comments:

laura b. said...

Congrats to your daughter! I want her around if I'm ever in a dark alley :-)

I have had what are probably similar issues with a couple of my higher-ups. Feels unfair, but like you I hesitate to speak up about it. I don't do conflict well.

Tara said...

Ideally, upper management should know how to communicate, yes. Sadly, though, that doesn't always happen. I've worked for some who scream and swear, and then I've worked for some who I knew wanted something or had to drop a bombshell on me by the way he was suddenly interested in how my family was doing.

On a happy note, congrats to your daughter and I'm glad the family bike ride was energizing!

FW said...

LB: Thanks, I sorted it out but yeah the thought of conflict disturbs me.

Tara: I love going for bike rides with my family, the weather is tarting to change though, so don't know how long it will be practical.